BEAUTY ADVICE & REVIEWS> Beauty Q & A
> Beauty Advice & Consultation
> Rating & Reviewing Products
> Account Sign In
> Rate a Product
> Write a Review
> Enter Your Stats
> Preview Your Review
> Submit Your Review
> Review Moderation
> Review Guidelines
> Product Q&A Guidelines
> Photo & Video Guidelines
> Ratings & Reviews Terms & Conditions
Beauty Q & A on BeautyTalk
If you have a beauty concern or question, visit our BeautyTalk community section by clicking on the "Beauty Advice" tab located on the top navigation menu. There, you can ask questions, search for answers, and get recommendations and advice from Sephora experts and fellow shoppers. From acne concerns to eyeshadow application tips, Beauty Q's offers detailed tips, advice, and personalized consultations. The topics and questions answered are generated from actual customer feedback and commonly asked questions.
Beauty Advice & Consultation
Sephora also offers a team of beauty consultants to provide beauty advice and personal consultation available at your fingertips. Just contact our expert Beauty Advisors for tips and suggestions on your color and skincare questions or concerns. Our team of trained experts, estheticians, makeup artists, and beauty specialists are eager to assist you.
Rating & Reviewing Products
Do tell! We want to know what you think of the products you've tried, bought, know, or love. Use our Ratings & Reviews to voice your opinions about your recent beauty buys. It's pretty simple.
If you are a returning customer, you will be prompted to sign in by providing your e-mail address (login) and password. If you can't remember your password, click here to reset your password.
If you are a new customer and have not shopped or reviewed with us before, you will need to register by providing your e-mail address (login) and creating a password, before being able to rate products and write reviews. Click here to register.
You will be asked to enter a nickname that will appear with your posted reviews. Once you enter your nickname it cannot be edited/changed.
Rate a Product
There is a five-star rating scale for each product. One star is the lowest rating and five stars is the highest. Click on the star you wish to select your rating.
Write a Review
When writing your reviews, be sure to keep it clean. (No obscenities, discriminatory language, spam content, or critical comments about other reviews or reviewers.) Please don't include personal contact information or non-Sephora URLs. We recommend that you focus on the product and include details about what you like or dislike about it. Read the full Rating and Reviews guidelines.
Enter Your Stats
Depending on the product you're reviewing, you will be asked to answer a few quick questions that will help shoppers who read your review make a more informed decision. This includes selecting personal traits such as skin type or eye color, age, and location. Any information you supply will be saved to your profile when you submit your review.
Preview Your Review
You will have the chance to preview your review before submitting it. Your review, personal stats, and any images or video will be shown. From there, you may go back and edit or submit your review.
Submit Your Review
Click on the "Submit" button to submit your review. You will get a confirmation page to let you know it has been successfully submitted.
All reviews are read and moderated to abide by our guidelines. We will reject reviews which include obscenities, discriminatory language, spam content, or critical comments about other reviews or reviewers. Your review will also be rejected if it includes personal contact information or non-Sephora URLs. All approved, valid reviews will be posted within 72 hours of submission. Read the full Rating and Reviews guidelines.
We want to know what you think of the products you've tried, bought, know, and love.
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
- Provide details about why you like or dislike a product
We reserve the right not to post your review or to withdraw any posted review for any reason. Your review will be excluded if it violates review guidelines or contains any of the following types of content:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Any content or materials which you do not own or for which you have not secured all necessary rights
- Email addresses, URLs (Sephora's are ok), phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
- Critical comments about other reviews posted on the page or their authors
- Discussion of medical conditions or claims of medical effectiveness
In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please contact us directly. Do not submit this feedback through a product review.
Otherwise, feel free to review as many products as you wish!
Product Q&A Guidelines
Got a beauty Q? Just ask!
When asking a question, please consider the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your individual question about it.
- Provide relevant details that might help others answer your question such as, skin tone, eye color, hair texture or desired look.
You can also share your beauty smarts and submit answers to others' questions. When answering a question, please consider the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
- Provide details that are relevant to the question being asked
We reserve the right not to post any question or answer or to withdraw any posted question or answer for any reason. Your question or answer will not be posted if it violates the guidelines provided, or if it contains any of the following types of content: In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please contact us directly. Do not submit this feedback through a product review.
Now, ask and answer away!
Photo & Video Guidelines
When posting a picture, please consider the following guidelines:
- Pictures must be related to the product you are reviewing.
- Pictures must be in BMP, PNG, GIF or JPEG format and be in focus.
- File size must be 2 MB or less.
- Pictures must be at least 60 pixels tall.
- Pictures must be at least 60 pixels wide.
- Objectionable pictures will be rejected.
Be sure that your picture does not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, phrases, or trademarks (other than those of Sephora) or other content or materials which you do not own or for which you have not secured all necessary rights.
Be sure you are the only person in the picture or that you have obtained all necessary permissions from any other individuals in the picture.
Do not submit any picture unless you have taken the picture yourself or have obtained the necessary rights from the person who took the picture.
When posting a video, please consider the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your individual experience using it. Make sure your video is related to the product.
- Videos must be hosted on either YouTube or Google Video and be in focus and of good audio/visual clarity.
- Videos must be under 5 minutes in length.
- Objectionable videos will be rejected, along with your review.
Be sure that your video does not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, phrases, or trademarks (other than those of Sephora) or other content or materials which you do not own or for which you have not secured all necessary rights.
Be sure you are the only person in the video or that you have obtained all necessary permissions from any other individuals in the video.
Do not submit any video unless you have shot the video yourself or have obtained the necessary rights from the person who shot the video.
Do not include music in your video.
We reserve the right not to post or to withdraw your posted picture or video for any reason. Your picture or video will not be posted if it violates the guidelines provided, or if it contains any of the following types of content:
Ratings & Reviews Terms & Conditions
2. RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CONTENT
You are solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via or to the Site, the RR Service and the Q&A Service, including the submission of product ratings and reviews and all other data, profile information, documents, text, software, applications, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, ratings, forum postings, comments, questions, answers or other materials (collectively, "Content").
3. YOUR USE OF CONTENT ON SITE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
A. Sephora, as a provider of interactive services, provides the RR Service, the Q&A Service, the Site and the applications and services therein as a forum only. Sephora is not liable for any statements, representations, or Content provided by its users in any public forum on the Site or any third-party site, including without limitation in the RR Service or the Q&A Service. Any Content, if displayed, is displayed for entertainment and informational purposes only. More generally, Content posted via or on the Site or any third-party site, including the RR Service and the Q&A Service, is not controlled by Sephora. Sephora cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the RR Service or the Q&A Service, you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable and Sephora shall not be liable for any such Content and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you. Under no circumstances will Sephora be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for (i) any errors or omissions in any Content; or (ii) any loss or damage (including, without limitation, personal injury or property damage) of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via or to the Site, the RR Service or the Q&A Service.
4. YOUR CONTENT SUBMISSIONS
A. By submitting any Content to Sephora, you represent and warrant that:
* all "moral rights" that you may have in such Content have been voluntarily waived by you and you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content that you submit, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto;
* all Content that you post is accurate;
B. You further represent and warrant that you shall not submit any Content:
* that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
* with respect to the RR Service, that is not relevant to the product being reviewed and with respect to the Q&A Service, that is not relevant to the product about which the question or answer is submitted;
* that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any person or entity;
* that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
* that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
* that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, unlawful, harmful, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, abusive, tortious, threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
* for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
* that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; or * that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
C. Sephora does not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and Sephora disclaims all liability with respect to the Content.
If you believe your work or content has been copied and posted to the Site, the RR Service or the Q&A Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Sephora's designated copyright agent the following written information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA"):
" An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
" A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
" A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
" A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
" Your name, address, telephone number and email address (if available); and " A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Sephora's DMCA designated copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is our General Counsel, Eric Baysinger, who can be reached as follows:
Sephora USA, Inc.
525 Market Street, 11th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105