This policy describes how Sephora USA, Inc. (collectively, “Sephora”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares the information we obtain from you online and in store.
> What We Collect
> How We Use Your Personal Information
> How We Share Your Personal Information
> How We Protect Your Information
> Your Choices
> Communicating With Us
> Changes To This Policy
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name and e-mail address|
|Purchasing on our website||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and phone number|
|BI Membership||Name, birth day and month, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, e-mail address, and age|
|Submitting product reviews or using interactive services||Name, e-mail address, birth day and month, nickname, and beauty profile information you provide such as hair colour and eye colour|
|Product Availability Notifications||Name and e-mail address|
• Flash Cookies2
• Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.3
• Web server logs.4
• Geo-location technologies.5
Sephora primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may also use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. You must create a registration profile in order to send an e-mail to our Beauty Advisor, post a product review or make a purchase on our website. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
Sephora may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. We share U.S. client e-mail activity data with Epsilon Data Management, LLC (“Epsilon”) to help Epsilon better target e-mail deployments to consumers for marketing purposes. While Epsilon has a license from Sephora to use e-mail addresses and e-mail activity data in its application, Epsilon does not share e-mail addresses or any specific e-mail activity data with other third parties (although Epsilon may share aggregate/non-specific activity data). Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of e-mail communications from us.
• JCPenney. If you apply for a BI Membership, or use your BI Membership, at a Sephora Inside JCPenney store that is operated by JCPenney, we may share your personal information with JCPenney. We may also share your personal information with JCPenney in the event we suspect you are violating our terms or engaging in fraudulent behavior as it relates to our business. JCPenney has agreed that any information that it collects in this manner will be used only to administer the Beauty Insider Program, for internal analysis to make your shopping experience better, to monitor fraudulent or suspicious behavior, and to help us communicate with you better.
• Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
• The public. Sephora may share the personal information that you submit through one of our interactive services, like Ratings & Reviews, with the general public or our affiliates.
• Other instances. Sephora may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
• Business transition. Sephora may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Sephora, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Sephora may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
• Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting The Personal Information Relating To Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page, calling 1-877-SEPHORA, or visiting a Sephora or Sephora Inside JCPenney store and speaking with a representative.|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences on your “My Account” page. Please call 1-877-SEPHORA to discontinue receiving material by mail.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by clicking here or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a Sephora public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review, by e-mailing details to email@example.com. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.|