Last Updated: July 12, 2017
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF SEPHORA MOBILE FOLLOWING POSTING OF ANY CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CEASE USING SEPHORA MOBILE.
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Downloading or accessing Sephora Mobile||IP address and mobile device ID|
|Registering on Sephora Mobile||Name, e-mail address, and birth day and month|
|Purchasing on Sephora Mobile||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and phone number|
|Beauty Insider Membership||Name, full birthday, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address|
|Using Beauty Insider Pass||Name, e-mail address, full birthday, Beauty Insider status and point balance, Beauty Insider rewards earned, device location|
|Sephora Community||Any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post as part of your Sephora Community membership or that relates to your activities in the Sephora Community such as your: nickname, number of Beauty Insider followers, Instagram/YouTube handles, personal characteristics such as a description “about you,” skin tone and type, skin concerns, hair colour and type, hair concerns, eye colour, Color IQ, age range, groups, conversations, photographs, videos, and product reviews.|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, e-mail address, and age|
|Product Availability Notifications||Name and e-mail address|
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on Sephora Mobile.
If you have enabled the Beacon, depending on the features included in Sephora Mobile and linked to the Beacon, Sephora may collect the following information:
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number, shipping and billing addresses, during checkout on Sephora Mobile. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by signing in to https://www.sephora.com (for U.S. residents) or https://www.sephora.ca (for Canadian residents), going to the My Account page, and following the instructions.
For your convenience, Sephora Mobile includes functionality allowing you to remain logged in to Sephora Mobile so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you access Sephora Mobile. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN LOGGED IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in to your device using Sephora Mobile, we strongly recommend that you enable the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your mobile device and your Sephora Mobile account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
Sephora primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
Sephora may use the information collected from you when your mobile device interacts with a Beacon in our stores to notify us when you arrive at or leave a Sephora store with a Beacon and where you are located within a particular store.
Sephora may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
If you have not previously registered for a Sephora account and selected a nickname as indicated above, you can only create a public Profile page if you affirmatively choose to be a part of Community.
Some of the information you provide in association with the Community can be seen by everyone on your Profile and some information can only be seen by you on your Profile, as indicated below:
|Seen by You and Everyone Else on your Profile||Seen Only by You on your Profile|
|Profile and banner photo or default Sephora avatar|
|# of Beauty Insiders that you follow and that follow you|
|Beauty Insider status|
|"About You" content created by you|
|Your Instagram/YouTube handles shared by you|
|Skin tone and type, hair colour and type, eye colour, Color IQ, age range||Personal traits such as skin concerns* and hair concerns*|
|My Groups||Featured Groups|
|My Recent Conversations||Featured Conversations|
|My Looks (photos and videos)||Featured Looks|
|My Recent Reviews|
|Review Recent Purchases|
|Products Recommended For You|
*Even though your skin concerns and hair concerns are only visible to you on your Profile, they will be visible to everyone else on the product page if you submit a Rating & Review.
Sephora may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of your data on a mobile device.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by visiting https://www.sephora.com (for U.S. residents) or https://www.sephora.ca (for Canadian residents), logging in and clicking on the “My Account” page, calling 1-877-SEPHORA, or visiting a Sephora or Sephora Inside JCPenney retail store and speaking with a representative.|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences by visiting https://www.sephora.com (for U.S. residents) or https://www.sephora.ca (for Canadian residents), logging in and clicking on the “My Account” page. Please call 1-877-SEPHORA to discontinue receiving material by mail.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online app behavioral based advertising by adjusting the settings within each app that shows you ads and you can opt out of Sephora’s mobile app advertising tracking at http://www.optoutmobile.com.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a Sephora public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review, by e-mailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.|
|Sephora Community||You can remove some of your Sephora Community activity by emailing Customer Service at email@example.com.|
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or on Community. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site or on Community (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Sephora’s General Counsel by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Sephora USA, Inc.
Legal Department, Privacy
525 Market Street, 32nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
1. "Cookies" are small bits of information that are placed on your mobile device. Cookies remember information about your activities on Sephora Mobile to make your use of Sephora Mobile more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you use our application. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your mobile device, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our features, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies.
2. "Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
3. Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
4. We use analytical tags to analyze what our clients like to do and the effectiveness of our features an advertising. They can also help us customize your browsing and shopping experience. We may use information collected through analytical tags or tracked links in combination with your personal information. We may also combine personal information you provide to Sephora with other personal information (such as purchase history and demographic information). We often work with other companies to help us track, collect and analyze this information but they are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
5. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
6. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information (like your postal code), or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. For example, if you use the Find in Store feature to determine whether an item is in stock at a Sephora retail location or the Store Locator feature, you will be asked to allow Sephora Mobile to use your current location. You are not required to allow Sephora Mobile to use your current location and can manually enter a postal code instead. If you consent, Sephora Mobile will use your current location to locate nearby retail locations.