TatchaViolet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dullness and Uneven Texture, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, and Dark Spots
Formulation: Lightweight Serum
- Unique 20% Vitamin C Blend: A fast-acting, moisturizing vitamin C derivative absorbs quickly into skin to fight aging from daily free radical assault; helps support surface cell turnover for firmer looking skin while also improving moisture levels; remains in skin longer, helping to protect skin from oxidation and reduce UV damage for brighter skin over time.
- Mild Fruit AHAs 10%: Gentle yet effective acids remove debris and the buildup of dead skin cells for smooth, radiant skin; derived from seven fruits (apple, grapefruit, orange, lemon, lime, hawthorn, and jujube).
- Japanese Angelica Root Extract: An edible plant prized for centuries in herbal medicine for its recovery benefits, it helps reduce the appearance of dark spots, discoloration and post-acne scarring from the source; helps to diffuse accumulated excess melanin, a cause of hyperpigmentation, resulting in visibly more even skin tone.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and free of gluten, silicone, oil, and fragrance. It comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: This clean, kind-to-skin formula with two types of vitamin C stabilized by antioxidant-rich Japanese beautyberry helps reveal a translucent, youthful glow. Mild fruit AHAs resurface dull, uneven skin, while Japanese angelica root helps to reduce the look of dark spots and post-acne scarring.
Clinical Results: Based on an expert grade study of 20 women:
- In 1 week, see smoother, more radiant skin
- In 4 weeks, see a visible improvement in overall skin tone
- In 8 weeks, see an improvement in skin texture and the appearance of fine lines
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.
-Use in the evening.
-Ideally apply Tatcha's Essence first on clean skin to amplify the results of the Violet C Brightening Serum.
-Dispense one to two pumps and gently massage onto skin.
-Use SPF daily to maintain results and to help protect skin from future damage.
Clean at Sephora products are formulated without:
SulfatesSLS + SLES, Parabens, Formaldehydes, Formaldehyde-releasing agents, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Oxybenzone, Coal Tar, Hydroquinone, Triclosan, Triclocarban, Undisclosed synthetic fragrances (Products can be formulated with disclosed synthetic fragrances that meet the following two criteria: (1) the synthetic fragrances do not include any of the ingredients listed in numbers 1 through 12 above and (2) the synthetic fragrances are at a concentration below 1% of the total formula) The following type of acrylates: (ethyl acrylate, ethyl methacrylate, methyl methacrylate, butyl methacrylate, hydroxypropyl methacrylate, tetrahydrofurfuryl methacrylate, trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate , aluminum salts), Animal Oils/Musks/Fats , Benzophenone + Related Compounds, Butoxyethanol, Carbon Black, Lead/Lead Acetate, Methyl Cellosolve + Methoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone, Mercury + Mercury Compounds (Thimerisol), Insoluble Plastic Microbeads (This prohibited ingredient applies to products that are meant to be rinsed off ), Resorcinol, Talc (Talc that is free of any asbestos can be used in the formulation provided that Brand conducts testing to ensure that talc is free of any asbestos.), Toluene, Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA), Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) that is 0.1% or more of total formula, Ethanolamines DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA, Nanoparticles As defined by the European Commission, Petrolatum and Parrafin that is not USP grade, Phenoxyethanol that is 1% or more of total formulation, Polyacrylamide & Acrylamide, The following types of Styrene (Bromostyrene, Deastyrene/acrylates/dvbcopolymer, sodium styrene/divinylbenzene copolymer , styrene oxide, styrene), 1,4 Dioxane in final formulas must comply with the thresholds as follows: (10 or < ppm for products that are meant to be rinsed off, wiped off or removed, 3ppm or < for products that are meant to remain on the skin).
Tatcha is a celebration of classical Japanese beauty culture from Kyoto to San Francisco. In 2008, Vicky Tsai encountered centuries-old beauty rituals in Kyoto and a philosophy of care and harmony that forever altered her life. Founded the following year, Tatcha remasters timeless Japanese beauty preparations into clean, luxurious rituals of self-care that invite you into the moment and back to yourself. Every Tatcha purchase also contributes towards a beautiful future by supporting equal access to education for underserved children around the world.
Get more information about
If you are not completely satisfied with an online purchase or gift, you may return your U.S.or Canadian purchase in stores or by mail. Restrictions apply for returns made outside the U.S.